I've decided to join all my family and friends and start a blog. I love reading everyones!
We had a SUPER Thanksgiving week! Our school was out from Thursday November 15 until tomorrow, Monday the 26th. We left Thursday right after school for Gordans Well. We went with our neighbors the Grasso's. We stayed Thursday and Friday night. The kids had so much fun riding this time. Kaycee and Matthew and Sydney all share the 50 quad, and Lauren has a 90. Well it got to be kind of a fight between Kaycee and Matthew so Gary picked up another quad this week, a 70.
Matthew is his Daddy's boy 100%! He knows how to start his quad and won't GET OFF! He rides for hours and hours and hours. He has amazing control of it. All I can say is that he was born to ride! He rides as well as Lauren and he's barely 3! It won't be too many more years and Matthew will able to ride as long and as hard as Gary.
On Thanksgiving morning we headed out to Knotts Berry Farm. We had so much fun! It was crowded, but not to the point where it's just not fun. I'd say for most of the rides we waited 10 to 20 minutes. We had a really good Thanksgiving dinner at TGI Fridays! The food was good, the service was great and we all got to choose what we wanted! We stayed at the Roadway Inn right across the street from Knotts Berry Farm. We walked to and from and never had to pay to park. Matthew was so cute when we checked in. He was so excited. He got in the room and said--Look, they have a TV, and a phone, and a bed! Then he walked into the bathroom and came running out and said --They have a shower and a bath! We saw the Bee Movie that night to finish out a perfect Thanksgiving.
Friday we headed back to Knotts. We got there right when it opened and for the first two hours we never waited for a ride! Gary took Lauren and Sydney to the bigger rides and Kaycee and Matthew and I raced around Camp Snoopy. Most of the rides those two could ride together. If not, then at least Kaycee was tall enough to go by herself and I went with Matthew. We all met up later for the Snoopy Christmas Ice Skating show. It was really cool. The kids loved the costumes and the skating was really good. Linus actually told the Bible Christmas story and they sang Oh Holy Night and Joy to the World. Yeah for Knotts for being brave enough to mention Christ at Christmas!
That night we headed home and packed up the toy hauler and yesterday we headed to Ocotillo Wells. We went with two families from our ward and our neighbors again. We had a super time!
As soon as I figure out how, I'll add some pictures!
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun time! I knew you wouldn't break tradition and head to Knott's for Thanksgiving! I can't believe Matthew rides so well! I love your blog. Funny -- I did one too and we have the exact same template. Good taste!
Post a Comment