Sunday, April 3, 2011

Back to Doheny!

We had a REALLY fun camping trip a few weekends ago. We met up with a few cousins from AZ and went camping at Doheny beach. It was so much fun to be with cousins! Even though the weather was a little cold, we all had a great time!

Kelli and Sydney made a pool
Jordi made a rock wall to protect his castle.
Matthew was turned into the Incredible Hulk
The water was icy! But that never stops anyone!




Time for smores!

Kelli and Sydney put on a play for us--complete with commercials!
The boys discovered that if you held your finger over the top of the bicycle pump it made an embarrassing noise. They thought that was HILARIOUS!
Alana sang "Never Say Never" for us!

I think we interrupted a very romantic evening for one couple. After they left, the kids took over their spot! Sorry!
If the water is too cold, just run up a hill and jump into the sand. . .over and over and over!
I tried to stay right behind this great photographer for most of the trip! I'm sure she has way better pictures, and 100's more than we do! We're so grateful for our historian! :)
A rock sculpture that had been there for quite a while!


5 comments:

redvelvet said...

Oh.. so grateful you captured these pictures! Believe it or not, I missed some of those awesome things. I LOVE the pictures! Although, where is that beautiful California mom and dad in the pictures?
We did have a BLAST with all of you. It was sooo fun hanging out with cousins. Don't you just love the picture of the "boys" and their noises they made? Those pictures bring all the fun and great memories back! Thank you for being a great historian! And thanks for letting us crash in!

Wendy said...

What FUN!! Sand and water is all you need! I agree with Diana...I want to know where the beautiful California mom and dad are?? You should not be hiding!!

Great pictures Sharon!

Dyana365 said...

We just got back from a week of camping at Doheny! We had a great time too! Seriously never have seen so many seagulls/birds in one place before.

Tanya said...

How fun for you all! Beach camping is awesome! We'll definitely have to go again next spring break together.

Antonio said...

I love Doheny!!! What wonderful pictures and what a wonderful time.