Sunday, July 17, 2011

Captain Cook Monument

We took a morning and kayaked Kealakekua Bay to Captain Cook Monument. It was a beautiful morning! We rented kayaks from Maile's Kayaks. They are AWESOME, and launch their boats in a great spot. We kayaked across to Captain Cook Monument. There is a lot of history here, which I loved! The Hawaiians gave the spot of land that the monument stands on to Britain, so we were able to stand on British soil! The water is the most beautiful I have ever seen. Crystal clear and varying shades of bright turquoise, depending on how deep the water was. We came the week before and saw dolphins playing out in the bay. Unfortunately, there weren't any the hours we were there kayaking. The kids snorkeled when we got there, along with all the other tours of snorkelers there! It was such a great morning! Such a beautiful place! I could have kayaked there all day--if we had brought enough food! :)





2 comments:

redvelvet said...

I agree.. an amazing place! This is the best snorkel place ever! What a fun day!

Carol Call said...

Bright and gorgeous fish, kids, and photography.