Saturday, April 11, 2009

Going to the dogs!

Well, I've been worn down. My kids have been BEGGING and BEGGING and BEGGING for a dog for at least 6 months now. I finally caved. I know it will be good for them, but I am just not willing to give up my very new found freedom! Not ready for more responsibility, not ready for more things to take care of and worry about and especially CLEAN up after! But I finally realized that I can't deprive them of all a dog can bring, cause I'm being so selfish! So tomorrow, this is what the kids will see in thier baskets:

Happy Easter!

June 15th you can take this puppy home. I checked with your Mom and she said it's ok.


* Gary found a breeder here in SD and has checked it all out. The puppies will be born in the next week or so, so 8 weeks later we get to take one home.

12 comments:

Kat Green said...

He looks like a baby chocolate Lab. I hope your kids will love this pooch as much as your brothers loved Thea. I'm proud of you for making this sacrifice!

Annie Green said...

YAY!! Dogs are ALOT of work but your kids will love it! I bet you'll find, in the end, you enjoy having it too.

Debbie said...

the kids will love it!!! are you getting a choc. lab?

Dan Green said...

I never thought I'd see the day. Hopefully he get's a little more love then Cooper did!

jonie said...

What a cutie. A dog definitely has the pros and cons, but as most mom's say, they do it for their kids, yet I am still wondering if we made the right decision. No, the kids love our little dog!
Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah the cuteness is overflowing on that lil' puppy face. All I can say is potty train it right away and it will make your life alot easier. I'm a total dog lover, your family will totally enjoy this little guy. good luck!

Rachel said...

You and I are both suckers! My kids are so happy with our dog. Secretly I really like him too, but there are still plenty of times that I cant believe I gave in - yes they are a lot of work! I am impressed - good luck!

Alicia said...

Congrats on the pup! I think the first year is the hardest with dogs (a lot like kids!), but I am sure it will bring you tons of happiness as well! Our pups are in Riverside with Trace for the summer. I miss them SOSOSO much! Good luck with your new addition!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! what a cute cute puppy!!! :)

Tanya said...

Matthew told us at preschool, but wasn't sure if it was true. Sounds like fun. You're making my kids jealous. We're not ready to give in yet. We are the neighborhood dogsitters, by the way, and that seems to be enough.

Dyana365 said...

This is exactly the one my husbands wants to get. I just got Ryder out of diapers..i just don't know if I'm ready for a dog. the kids are incessantly bothering us for one. let me know how the baby thing goes!

Team Fifield said...

WHAT?!?!

We love our pup... now that he has stopped pooping and peeing all over the house! My girls have been surprisingly responsible with him too. They bathe him, feed him AND pick up his poop! I think it has been good for them. :)