Monday, June 13, 2011

Waipio Valley

We did it! Gary, Lauren and I hiked Waipio Valley. Josh and Mimi were kind enough to watch our younger kids, because this hike was too hard for them. It's a 1,000 foot drop down into the valley in less than a mile. It was STEEP! It was also amazing! We saw Hi'ilawe Falls, which is 1400 feet high, the highest in Hawaii. The beach and coast were so pretty! We ran into some wild horses that were roaming around too.



Hi'ilawe Falls
The view from the top. We made it all the way down to the beach, and all the way back up!


3 comments:

redvelvet said...

breathtaking! i love the long waterfall! good job on the tough hike! i am sure it was great exercise!

Wendy said...

I think I would of jumped on one of those horses to ride back! haha! Good job on the hike!

Carol Call said...

Sharon, how in the world did you hike that high? OMGoodness, even if I had good legs, I would NOT be able to do what you did. Gorgeous though.