10 years ago, I was pregnant with Kaycee, wondering what kind of a world I was bringing her into. A decade later, the kids and I started to watch the many many programs on TV about 9/11, but we all ended up turning it off because we were all getting too emotional. So, we tried to focus on good things that came from that day. We talked about how many people helped each other out--whether it was as simple as letting someone in your store, to get away from the smoke, or as huge as giving your life to help others out of a building, or to stop another plane from becoming a bomb. It's humbling to realize how many good good people there are when push comes to shove. For us, we try and take that message from 9/11, and try to be a little better friend and neighbor, and to help others a little more.
The elementary school had a huge assembly with the firefighters, police officers and others there to 10 years. Kaycee got to hold the American flag!
1 comment:
great message! I am too grateful for such selfless, giving, and kind people all over to help give us freedom and a land where we enjoy and love.
Post a Comment