Saturday, December 22, 2007

Feeling the Spirit?

What a nice relaxing weekend! We've had nothing to do, just hanging out. HA HA HA HA HA HA! Nice joke huh?

We had the 3rd annual Tony Tobin Holiday Open House on Thursday. The last day of school before break our elementary school invites all the parents and families to join in several Christmas activities. Each grade performs a few songs and poems, and each class does some crafts. Sydney's class this year started the day with a waffle breakfast. Kaycee got to decorate an ornament for the tree. Lauren's class did gingerbread houses (they did theirs the day before). Matthew and I got to see all the kids sing at different times, AND Kaycee had her dance recital that afternoon.

Here are a few pictures of the girls at school.



Friday was baking day. We baked from morning to night. We made 4 different kinds of cookies. We made up 30 boxes to give to friends and neighbors.

Speaking of neighbors, one quick story--Jesse, our little neighbor across the street came over to play with Matthew yesterday afternoon. He saw the hundreds of cookies all over the kitchen and asked what they were for. I said "They are to give to our friends and neighbors." He looked and me and said "I'm your neighbor"!

From left to right:Peanut Butter cookie with a Milk Chocolate Kiss, Chocolate Crackle cookie with a Candy Cane Kiss, Chocolate Gingerbread cookie with a Hug, Orange Peel cookie with a Dark Chocolate Kiss.
The finished box all ready to give out.

Hope you are all finding some peace during these last few crazy days!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

What a FUN & Crazy Busy Day! Your cookies look yummy!!! Your friends & neighbors are lucky!!

Liz said...

Your holiday boxes turned out so nice. I love all the cookie and kisses variations. I'll have to get your recipes. : )