Friday, May 23, 2008

Monday-Friday


What do the last few weeks before schools out look like?

We had joy school at our house--theme-- cooking. We made aprons, banana bread and pizza.

The boys are GOOD cooks!
















We had Lauren and Kaycee's dance recital. Lauren danced to "I Don't Dance" from high school musical and "Stray Cat Strut". Kaycee did "Dinosaur Rock" and "Best of Both Worlds". They both did a GREAT job!

















































Sydney had her 2nd grade play on Thursday "Just for Grins". She had two lines to say and lots of songs to sing and also did a great job!

I had joy school that day, so I took the boys to see the play. Lilly (Eric's Mom) helped me watch the boys there and afterwards we walked to the park that is next to the school. Ok, remember how it was 100 degrees just 4 days ago? Thursday it was maybe 60 and a huge thunder storm came through and it POURED down rain! So here I am at the park with 6 little boys, with no car! Luckily, just as it started to rain Lilly came with her car, Debbie came with her car, and Tanya came with her car! All the boys and I were rescued just at the last moment! It was an adventure!!!

So far, that has been our week, Monday to Friday. This afternoon we leave for Mexico, to our brothers condo there to spend Memorial Day weekend.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Those aprons are sooo cute. Did you make them? How did you do it? Looks like lots of fun going on at your house. Have a great holiday weekend!

Sharon said...

I made them from a kitchen towel! All the credit goes to my friend Tanya who made them for her daughters cooking birthday party. I copied it from her.

Julie said...

I thought that you were so brave to have all of those boys at the school!! You are a good woman, Sharon!! Have so much fun in Mexico...I'm jealous! Hopefully this crazy weather won't effect you there!

Kat Green said...

Nice job, Binsy!!! I bet those guys have LOVED Joy School this year. Another "last time" has come and gone, and life is good at the Call house.

You're probably south of the border by now. I hope you're have a grand time. I bought a poppy from the vets today, and got a flag too. Stuck it in the planter with my daisy.

Anonymous said...

You aren't having much luck with that park lately! Have a blast in mexico.

Tanya said...

I can't believe I didn't see you all hiding out in the play house during the rain storm. By the way, I stole the apron idea from Martha Stewart, so I can't take all the credit. She does have a few good ones of her own.