Matthew just got done with almost $2,000 worth of dental work this morning. They had to put him completely under. He got 4 root canals, 2 back teeth pulled, a couple of cavities filled and several crowns, as well as spacers where his back teeth were. It's so hard seeing your child come out of anesthesia! They shake and tremble and can't hold their heads up for a few minutes. He did great and now it's all done! Sydney also had to go through the same thing when she was 4, but she had to have her 4 front teeth pulled.
Out of the 4 kids, Sydney and Matthew have horrible teeth, Lauren and Kaycee so far have only had tiny cavities that have been able to be filled, sometimes without even local anesthesia.
4 comments:
Oh poor guy! I'd almost rather give birth than get dental work done! Hope he recovers quickly! Load the freezer with ice cream.
Ahhh poor li'l guy! Hope he's not in too much pain! My oldest two just had tons of cavities & root canals done at the beginning of summer! Had to do Nathaniel's to get him ready for his braces (got those back in Sept).
Our dentist told us that it's time to get Lauren in for an ortho consult. The fun just never ends huh!
FYI, Matthew seems to be just fine. After the numbness wore off he perked right up and has been his old self. I've been keeping him on a steady stream of Motrin cause I don't want that pain to set in! I'm sure he'll be all the way back to normal by tomorrow.
I'm glad the ordeal is over. Thank goodness for pedodontists. I hope, with topical fluoride treatments, sealants, oral fluoride and rigorous home hygiene, Matthew and Sydney will have strong permanent teeth.
Meanwhile, I'm so glad they had such as awesome Christmas vacation!
Post a Comment