
So, I was always warned that kids grow up too fast! It never seems possible though. Somehow, Lauren grew up! She is getting ready to attend
Astro Camp with her school. It's a THREE day TWO night camp up in the mountains. They do all kinds of science experiments. It looks so fun! But it really hit me the other day cause she brought home her check list of what to pack and the
itinerary. I was so nervous for her starting 1st grade. I thought, who will she eat with? What if she has to go to the bathroom, it seemed so long for her to be gone. Now, it will be three solid days! How will she take a shower, she'll be eating on her own, tucking herself into bed! I asked her if she was nervous at all. She said, "NO! It's going to be so FUN! I can't WAIT to go!"
I also went to the parent orientation at the middle school last night. Lauren will be starting middle school next year. It seems so huge to me! Again, she's not nervous, just me!
Once again, our family is turning a corner. We all grow and learn together!
3 comments:
Sharon-I'll tuck her in for you at Astro Camp! This is definitely a strange feeling! Half of the time, I don't even know what they are doing at school during the day. It has happened so fast. Anything that I missed at the orientation the other night?
I found you, I didnt know that you had a blog, yay now I will be able to know what you are doing and not just wave at you in the car everyday at pickup! I too cannot believe how fast our kids are growing, there are so many good kids their age, I am so happy for them, it will be so much fun!
I feel a lot better knowing Julie will be there! It is fun having older kids. Just a strange feeling sometimes when it hits you how independent they are getting!
Post a Comment