Monday, February 11, 2008

How do you spell relief?

Our family got hit HARD this last week with a flu/virus. Sydney started it out a week ago today with a fever, headache and sleeping most of the day. Lauren got it Wednesday, Kaycee Thursday and Matthew has had a mild case of it over the weekend. The kids have all gotten a really high fever (Kaycee and Lauren hit 103) and it has wiped them out. It lasted about 4 days for most of them. I thought I would escape, but it got me yesterday! Oh the pain! Now I know why the kids have been crying all week! It's like a bad headache combined with sinus pressure and a tooth ache all rolled into one. I couldn't get up for most of the day. My fever (which hit 101.7) finally broke last night. Today I feel very groggy and tired, but thankfully not achy anymore. I'm so glad there is no school today!

So, after 7 full days of this thing I hope we are finally all done! Gary has been the last hold out. I hope he doesn't get it! He had to take over yesterday for me and do everything!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh that's awful!! At least the kids are feeling better now. I hope you get well very quickly. Mom's aren't allowed to get sick, remember? LOL :)

Liz said...

Hope you feel better soon!! It's so hard when the mom gets sick...who takes care of you? Take it easy and just let the house go and let the kids eat cereal. : )